Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Have You Heard of "Oil"?

Megan McArdle manages to discuss the success of the Israeli lobby without once mentioning its geopolitical importance. She thinks that because she drinks green beer on St. Paddy's Day, everyone of European descent in the US is on the side of the Semitic Israelis versus the Arab Palestinians. (Yes, I realize that doesn't make sense.) She certainly doesn't mention this:

“In the night between Thursday and Friday, when the secretary of state wanted to lead the vote on a ceasefire at the Security Council, we did not want her to vote in favour,” Olmert said.

“I said ‘get me President Bush on the phone’. They said he was in the middle of giving a speech in Philadelphia. I said I didn’t care. ‘I need to talk to him now’. He got off the podium and spoke to me.”I told him the United States could not vote in favour. It cannot vote in favour of such a resolution. He immediately called the secretary of state and told her not to vote in favour.”
It's not the American Jews and their fanboys who made that call; it's the man who gave Bush backing in the Middle East.


Oh, Megan. I'm so disappointed in you. Try harder. You'll get there.

And maybe some day you'll discuss the economy? Other than posting a link, that is. That's so Glenn Reynolds, and his audience has the attention span of a mentally challenged cocker spaniel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"the peace accords in Northern Ireland (and the Republic's prosperity) have left the Irish groups with a lot less to do."

Oh my @#$%ing Lord, this woman is so damn stupid, it hurts. I can't believe she'd even bring up the subject of Northern Ireland without mentioning - probably because she doesn't have a stinking clue - that most Irish Republicans in Northern Ireland very closely relate to Palestinians. It's not uncommon to pass through heavily Catholic/Republican areas and see Palestinian flags flying in front of houses. And if she thinks the "peace accords" have done anything except make people in Northern Ireland busier, angrier and more talkative than ever before, she's an ignorant twit.

Susan of Texas said...

Oooh, I didn't know that, but it makes perfect sense.

Anonymous said...

I know it's another minor detail, but she also refers to Northern Ireland as being a part of Great Britain. It is not. Great Britain is made up of Scotland, England, Wales, and a few surrounding islands. Northern Ireland is a part of the United Kingdom. That's why it's formally called The United Kingdom of Great Britian and Northern Ireland.

Like NoT wrote over at FMM, I honestly have no idea how anyone could possibly find this woman to be intelligent.