Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Irrelevancies

Bonddad Blog: The government is attempting to prevent a broad-based financial meltdown.

Calculated Risk: National Association of Home Builders: Prices to Fall 29% in 2009

Bloomberg: Roubini Predicts U.S. Losses May Reach $3.6 Trillion


Megan McArdle: A drinking age of 21 is an embarassment to a supposedly liberty-loving nation.

Remember, Megan was arrested for underage drinking and ignored the punishment, which finally caught up with her over a decade later. No doubt that is why she can't manage to blog about the economy during the biggest crises of the past 70+ years.

If Megan had been blogging in the '30s she would have spent all her time complaining that her favorite dressmaker went out of business and that the apple sellers are taking away business from people with overhead.

One final note--I have to clean up my posts constantly; I correct mistakes, add links, and clean up awkward prose, so I don't worry too much about others' mistakes. But for McArdle to refuse to check her spelling is the height of laziness and unprofessionalism.

UPDATE: Jesus, she's getting even worse. She can't understand what's going on at Guantanamo, Obama's speech was conservative-bashing, liberals are gloating. I can't take her stupidity, pettiness and ego any more. She makes Ann Althouse look deep. What a spoiled child.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan is showing us her European-style sophistication by complaining that the drinking age isn't lower. I think it's a pretty dumb law, but I hardly think it's some affront to our freedoms as a people. Somehow, I don't believe "life, liberty and the pursuit of alcoholism" was what the Founding Fathers had in mind.

Susan of Texas said...

Maybe Franklin, but probably not the others.

I'm jus glad she's ignoring the financial crises. Her best advice is no advice.

bjkeefe said...

She makes Ann Althouse look deep.

Wow. That's harsh.

And I love it.

Anonymous said...

The increased level of nonsense from McArdle is a sign of things to come. With a Democratic president in office, I expect wingnuts to turn the Stupid knob up to eleven.

Susan of Texas said...

The wingnut are getting a little overwrought. I've seen toddler birthday parties with less whining.