Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Friday, January 16, 2009

Ugh

From the Daily White House press briefing:

Q Ed, you're with him every day. What's the President's mood? Is he sentimental? Is he tired?

MR. GILLESPIE: You know, it's -- he's not tired. I mean, he is -- you know, he just has a ton of energy. But he is -- you know, I would say that he's gotten a little more winsome. I remember somebody asking me back in, like, September, you know, things must be -- things must be getting winsome. And I thought, you know, those of us who work here wish it were a little more winsome sometimes.
It's gotten a little more winsome. And I think that he is looking back as we've gone through these series of lasts. And it's a -- I wouldn't say emotional time, but it's obviously -- it's a moment -- look, when you work here, you work with colleagues like, you know, my friends here. You go through a lot together. And the President, I think, is thinking of all that we've been through and all the people who have been through it with him. And there's a great deal of a sense of appreciation for those people.
Winsome:
1 : generally pleasing and engaging often because of a childlike charm and innocence
2 : cheerful , lighthearted

And people wonder why I am sure there is no god.

No comments: