Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Boy Stood On The Burning Deck




Little Ross Douthat performs before the Ladies' Auxiliary when it comes to his mother's house for tea. Master Ross doesn't understand why we allow all the poor brown people in the country when we could let in a rainbow of wealthy, educated people who can afford to migrate. Little Ross doesn't realize that Nanny and Cook and the gardener that Mother keeps calling Semental (even though he insists his name is Marco) are all employed at below-free market wages, or that the factories that keep Master Ross in velvet breeches and ponies is staffed by poor South Americans.

He's just a boy who knows very little about the world. It's not his fault his Mama keeps pushing him forward to lecture adults on things he doesn't understand.

4 comments:

Downpuppy said...

that kid looks way too much like my daughter

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm276/downpuppy/?action=view&current=badges.jpg

Susan of Texas said...

It's just the haircut.

I should cover McArdle's blogging heads with fellow New!American Mark Schmitt, but she's so stupid in it that I'm afraid I'll sound bitter. She defends BP, Goldman, and I don't know, maybe killing puppies--I lost track.

Kathy said...

Melnitz: Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?

Zeddemore: Ah, if there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say.

Susan of Texas said...

Look at Jonah Goldberg. He got rich by accusing others of doing what he is doing and perfecting the art of denial. I thought only PeeWee Herman could make a career of saying, "I know you are but what am I?"